Eliminating borders for buyers and sellers, Amazon Global Logistics (AGL) facilitates Amazon's expansion into a rapidly growing list of countries, creating new logistical benchmarks and "firsts" through disruptive innovation.
Our multicultural, multilingual team works with merchants, sellers, providers, governments and trade officials from the busiest to the most remote locations around the world, applying a global perspective with a local approach.
Our mission is Every supplier. Every location. Every customer on Earth.
As a Financial Analyst in AGL, you will be the key financial partner to EU Retail Import Operations. The successful candidate will design, develop, and maintain performance measurements, provide ad-hoc analysis and reporting, and manage special projects to continuously lower costs for customers and improve selection and placement of inventory.
In addition, this role will own and identify requirements for full automation of financial processes (payables, accounting and reporting) as Amazon expands its operations across multiple origins and destinations.
The successful candidate will help drive the growth and controllership of Import Operations. Key responsibilities include :
Lead month end closing process for EU Retail Imports, in collaboration with Accounting and Controllership team
Partner with Import Operations teams to drive continuous improvement of financial performance through cost and operational performance benchmarking.
Drive variance analysis against budgets for the network, identify risks and opportunities.
Support the execution of key financial targets and metrics through the development and implementation of proactive dashboards, ongoing reporting, measurements and variance analysis.
1. BA / BS degree in Business Administration, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering and / or similar discipline
2. 3+ years’ finance, product management or supply chain experience with increasing levels of responsibility
3. Sufficient understanding of Trade, Trade Regulations and other elements of International Trade Compliance.
4. Demonstrated financial acumen and / or analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of results
5. Experience and ability to use SQL, Essbase, Cognos, or similar tools
1. MBA and / or Professional certification (CPA / CMA / Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
2. Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
3. Previous experience within a Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Cross border Logistics processes, either in a B2B and / or B2C environment. 4. Advanced Excel skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.