At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth and to grow in a safe environment for both our Customers and our Associates.
To get there, we need bright and dynamic and driven people. If you'd like to help us build a place where you can find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The restricted products team’s mission is to protect our customers, associates and selling partners from illegal or prohibited products and we are looking for a candidate that can help us turn large amounts of data into intelligence we can use to contribute to reduce risk while scaling.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our team as a Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE).
In this role, you will be responsible to support the EMEA and APAC teams, working closely with Program, Legal, Product, Business, Tech, Operations and other stakeholders from multiple regions, define and secure project delivery, collaborate with numerous cross-functional teams (both technical and non-technical) to implement solutions, and deeply analyze the results.
You'll drive frequent experiments where there's an opportunity to learn, but proceed cautiously when decisions have big implications and would be hard to change you’ll have the opportunity to shape our global strategy in a rapidly evolving environment
As a BIE on the team, you will be champion the overall data strategy for the program, collaborate on program decisions through data deep dives to determine root cause of defects, and present findings to internal customers to drive improvements.
This is a role that will be primarily hands-on but largely lead through influencing in the technical space across geographies, and will also need to pivot between Business, Operations and Technology teams worldwide.
We have very strong relationships with our stakeholder teams, and we want to maintain this while we continue to scale and grow.
This position offers :
1. The chance to work on - and drive - incredibly interesting and highly visible projects across multiple regions through influencing and cooperation with multiple types of stakeholders.
2. Opportunities for career advancement and learning through working with Amazon's vast infrastructure systems and talented teams.
3. Access through partnered tech teams to edge technologies in areas of machine learning, image recognition and process decision automation.
4. Chance to develop in stakeholder management across regions and worldwide, communication and governance skills
5. Competitive compensation whilst having critical business impact.
To be successful, you need the ability to operate in an entrepreneurial environment, and be comfortable working with ambiguity or multiple competing priorities.
Ability to develop the outputs yourself is key to being successful in the role. You have the ability to leverage the existing capabilities developed, innovate over and above to deliver more effective solutions.
Finally, you own driving high-impact customer decisions and working closely with senior leaders in the organization.
In this position, you will be responsible for :
1. Developing a strong working relationship with the program stakeholders and communicate with them effectively
2. Developing the data strategy for the program by translating complex business problems into deliverable outputs
3. Managing an intake and prioritization mechanism for the internal customers to work with
4. Supporting definition and monitoring of long-term programs for automation or process excellence
5. Supporting functional teams on the day-to-day execution of prioritized projects
6. Building and maintaining recurring metrics, reports, and dashboards
7. Creating and maintaining new data pipelines and databases
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.