For one of our clients, a financial institution, we are seeking a Senior Accountant with US GAAP
Status : temporary contract of 6 months with an opportunity to have a permanent contract.
You will become responsible for the statutory accounting of 14 Irish entities. Your will directly report to the EMEA corporate Finance Services.
Your tasks : Financial Reporting :
Financial Reporting :
1. To prepare and report statutory financial statements for all country legal entities.
2. To design and implement internal control structure to comply with statutory and legal
regulations in the country.
3. Monitor the compliance with our client corporate accounting policies, as well as defining
those specifically applicable to local business.
4. To prepare and report ad hoc legal entity financial and statistical reports.
5. To prepare and control accounts reconciliations as assigned to the department.
6. Ultimate responsible for ensuring compliance with Local GAAP, and reporting of
Audit Coordination :
1. Act as overall audit engagement coordinator for all country audit work performed by the
appointed external auditors (PwC).
2. Performs key role in negotiating annual audit fees, finally approved by our client Audit
3. Define and monitor execution of audit plan, in conjunction with external auditors, BU
controllers and all other parties involved.
Business Planning / Consulting to BU :
1. Coordinate with Tax department activities related to Tax planning projects and tax
2. Develop and sign off projects business cases, and provides recommendations to
3. Responsible for developing business initiatives oriented to cost saving efforts and
improvement of financial and accounting processes.
4. Coordinate the implementation of corporate initiatives deployed in the country.
Projects Initiated by Global / Regional Team
1. Fully support different projects initiated by global / regional team, e.g. process
optimization, ERP upgrade, divestiture etc.
Your profile :