Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (BIL) is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. It has always played an active role in the main stages of development of the Luxembourg economy.
It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on financial markets. Employing more than 2,000 people, BIL is present in the financial centres of Luxembourg, Switzerland, Denmark, and China.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
In its capacity as depositary bank for alternative investment funds (AIFs) Banque Internationale à Luxembourg SA (BIL) provides investor protection, through overseeing the general administration of the funds, the safekeeping of the fund’s assets and monitoring the cash flows.
Your role is to ensure that all depositary duties and obligations are performed in accordance with the applicable regulation.
DELIVRABLES AND KEY ACTIVITIES
1. As part of the AIF Depositary team you will be responsible for safekeeping and verifying the ownership of the AIFs assets, monitor cash flow activities and perform oversight controls.
2. You will need to ensure that the procedures and controls comply with the applicable laws and keep up to date with legislation, professional standards and regulatory changes.
3. You will perform due diligences on fund service providers and be involved in on-site inspections.
4. Attending periodic client service meetings will also be part of your activities.
5. You will maintain and enhance depositary procedures, review programs and checklists.
Must Have Requirements
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
At least 5 years in the fund industry
University degree (finance, business administration, audit, legal)
Bac +3 / 5 or equivalent professional experience
Fluent in English and German, any other language is considered an advantage
Extensive knowledge of :
Excellent knowledge of :
Team player with entrepreneurial skills and a highly supportive attitude.
Strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
Strong analytical skills as well as conceptual and strategic thinking.
At least 5 years in the banking / financial industry.
Qualifications such as an experience in the AIF depositary function and certifications in audit / control / risk management are considered advantages.