Launched on the web in 1995, Amazon has grown to become the world's leader in e-commerce, and in customer service. Our vision is to be Earth's most customer-
centric company; to build a place where customers can find and discover anything they want to buy online. Our global Customer Service (CS) team is at the heart of that mission, supporting Amazon’s millions of customers on product questions, post-
order inquiries, technical support, and customer account management. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
So, if you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, innovative and customer-orientated environment, Amazon is the place for you.
We’re making history and the great news is that we’ve only just begun.
Amazon is seeking a curious, highly intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated and creative communications professional to join our Customer Service internal communications team.
This individual will drive the internal communications strategy for Amazon’s Europe Customer Service network, partnering directly with senior leaders across the EU business.
As a senior manager for the EU Customer Service communications team, you will lead a small team of people to develop and execute on strategic employee communications, programs and experiences across countries.
You will use the available channels ( All Hands’ meetings, video messages, newsletters, blogs, internal social media tools, team meetings, etc.
or create new ones to engage our teams in physical sites, home-workers and outsourcing partners.
This role is based in Luxembourg, with the EUCS leadership team.
Core Job Responsibilities :
1. Develop and execute innovative internal communications strategies, clear narrative and clever peculiar tactics that engage Amazon’s Europe customer service employees , in alignment with the Global CS Communication Strategy & team
2. Own the communication programs and content, including translations into all Europe Customer Service languages
3. Build stakeholder relationships across a range of businesses and geographies to establish a news agenda relevant to each country, and provide counsel for executive communications and reactive messaging
4. Manage and support issues and crisis communications(internal)
5. Build and lead a team who is passionate about internal communications, curious about trends in their field, willing to take risks, and use logic and care in their decision-making
6. Track and report content effectiveness metrics to internal stakeholders, as well as continually monitor, analyze and tune messaging to maximize impact
7. Train leadership teams on written, verbal, and visual communication strategies
1. Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related field
2. 6+years work experience in the area of Communications and Change Management in a multinational environment
3. Excellent writing skills are a must, with the ability to formulate a concise point of view on complicated issues
4. Ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions and recommendations
5. Experience leading social media employee engagement programs / campaigns
Fluent in English.
1. Excellent track record of driving cultural change and influencing organizations through a communications plan
2. Experience developing creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges, and measuring their impact
3. Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and able to form a cohesive and effective outcome from potentially incongruous facts (or lack thereof) and individual perspectives
4. Ability to exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time-frames.
5. Willingness to roll up one’s sleeves and get work done, even when it’s outside the scope of the job.
6. Ability to pay painstaking attention to important details.
7. Communications experience in media, Internet, technology, distribution, operations, automotive, retail and / or airline industries is highly preferred.
8. Fluency in other European languages