Amazon is seeking a BI Engineer to join the Pan EU finance team. The person in this position will play a key role in partnering our EU retail organization on key profitability initiatives.
This person will own the production and delivery of a suite of standard reports regularly used by the organization to make key business decisions. This will involve :
1. Build the data structure, transformation processes, load jobs in Redshift and data processing and presentation in Excel
2. Extract relevant vendor attributes, build a data store in Redshift and create a models on various profitability initiatives, including determining the optimal sourcing strategy at a Product level, inventory health and Inventory Valuation Allowance, After-market services deep dives.
3. Debugging report issues and unblocking workflows
4. Communicating with the BI team and customers to provide status updates, etc.
5. Modifying reports via changes to underlying SQL
6. Fielding report related questions from stakeholders
7. Creating the report requires extracting & transforming data from tables and loading it into tables with an optimized data structure
Tools used include :
1. SQL (Oracle and Redshift)
5. Report scheduling tools (internal)
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and driven to provide insightful and timely information to customers. The candidate should have strong communication skills and ability to prioritize effectively to ensure timelines are met.
There is always room to make things better so this candidate should also have the ability to invent and simplify. Lastly, the candidate should have an ability to work effectively with cross-
functional teams and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
The position represents an exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and high paced environment, supporting a global organization and offers significant opportunities for rapid growth.